Ephesians 5:25 tells us “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.” The command is clear, but carrying out our calling as husbands can be difficult.
As our guest writes:
Busy schedules, life’s demands, and our own remaining sin join forces and plot against our good intentions to love and serve our wives. We may even find ourselves engaged in many fruitful ministry endeavors while the noble calling of coming alongside our beloved brides goes by the wayside.
Listen as we speak with J. Aaron White about how husbands can shepherd their wives towards greater joy in Christ.
On This Episode We’ll Discuss:
- What Scripture teaches about how husbands are called to love their wives
- The duties that husbands have and what makes them difficult to uphold
- How men can work to become more selfless in their marriages
- Practical steps men can take to start leading their wives spiritually
- Ways that husbands can begin again in loving their lives as Christ loved the church
Listen to this episode on a separate page
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to subscribe!
iTunes • Stitcher • Google Play
About Our Guest
Aaron White has served in vocational ministry for over ten years as a worship director, associate pastor, and senior pastor. He married his high school sweetheart, Tanya, in 2004 and they have since been blessed with five children. Pastor White holds degrees in communication studies, systematic theology, and practical theology. He’s also the author of several books, including Man Up Kneel Down: Shepherding Your Wife Toward Greater Joy in Jesus.
- Purchase a copy of Man Up, Kneel Down on Amazon or at Shepherd Press
- Visit JAWhiteAuthor.com