1 Peter 3:15 calls us to be prepared to give an answer for the hope that is within us, and to do so with gentleness and respect.
These 5 apologetics quotes remind us to do just that:
1. Most people’s understanding of the Christian faith is a misunderstanding. Apologetics helps clarify so that they may reject us on what we do believe, not on what we don’t. Tweet This
– Michael Rasmden
2. Just make sure it’s your ideas that offend and not you, that your beliefs cause the dispute and not your behavior. Tweet This
– Greg Koukl
3. Yes, if truth is not undergirded by love, it makes the possessor of that truth obnoxious and the truth repulsive. Tweet This
– Ravi Zacharias
4. More often than not, it is what you are rather than what you say that will bring an unbeliever to Christ. This, then, is the ultimate apologetic. For the ultimate apologetic is: your life. Tweet This
– William Lane Craig
5. If our culture is to be transformed, it will happen from the bottom up – from ordinary believers practicing apologetics over the backyard fence or around the barbecue grill. Tweet This
– Chuck Colson
Aspiring apologists should bear these truths in mind as we prepare our hearts and minds to defend the faith
Subscribe to ReasonableTheology.org
Subscribe to receive our weekly emails PLUS access to the free digital theological library!