Children between 8 and 12 are at a critical age when they start to ask if Christianity is true. Additionally, our kids are being faced with challenges to their faith earlier than ever. How can we prepare them when they are young to enter into an increasingly secular world?
On this episode of the podcast, we talk with apologist and former cold case homicide detective J. Warner Wallace about why and how we should introduce kids to the evidence for the claims of Christianity.
On This Episode We’ll Discuss:
- What apologetics is and why its important
- How our guest used his detective skills to examine the claims of Christ
- Apologetics resources for training your kids how to think, not just what to think
- How children’s faith questions compare to those from adults
- The unique challenges and pressures today’s children and youth face
- Advice on how to instill a Christian worldview in our children
About Our Guest
J. Warner Wallace is a former cold-case homicide detective who used his investigative skills to examine the claims of Christianity. He is the best-selling author of Cold-Case Christianity: A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels and blogs and podcasts at his website ColdCaseChristianity.com. He is also a Senior Fellow at the Colson Center for Christian Worldview and an Adjunct Professor of Apologetics at Biola University.
Resources Mentioned on this Episode
- Visit ColdCaseChristianity.com
- Listen to our conversation with J Warner Wallace’s co-author, Sean McDowell, about their book So the Next Generation will Know
- CaseMakersAcademy.com, where kids can investigate the Bible like a real detective
- J. Warner Wallace’s apologetics books for kids: