There are few issues in our culture that are more contentious than abortion.
Some see abortion as a great evil; others count abortion as an important freedom; many have been deceived by the misleading language of the abortion industry; still others feel that abortion is an ethical gray area. Many assume that since the Bible does not contain the word “abortion” that it does not speak to this important issue.
But God is not silent on the issue of abortion.
On this episode of the Reasonable Theology podcast we look at what God’s Word says about the value of human life and whether the unborn count as valuable human life.
Along the way we will see that there is one central question in the abortion debate that must be addressed: Is the unborn a human person?
As apologist Greg Koukl rightly frames the issue: “If the unborn is not a human person, no justification for abortion is necessary. However, if the unborn is a human person, no justification for abortion is adequate.”
In This Episode We’ll Learn:
- That God is not silent on the sanctity of human life
- That God is not silent about the status of the unborn as human life
- The only differences between the unborn and the adult are Size, Level of Development, Environment, and Degree of Dependency – None of which confer personhood
- See more on the SLED Test as a means of challenging pro-abortion arguments
- That God is not silent about the availability of forgiveness to those who have had or have supported abortion
- Why Christians should be the first to carry the Gospel of God’s free grace to others
- That God is not silent about the right Christian response to abortion
- How and why Christians should speak up for the rights of the unborn
Listen to this episode on a separate page
iTunes • Stitcher • Google Play
- Why Abortion Is Unjust Discrimination (Video from Stand to Reason)
- Abortion: A lecture series from RC Sproul & Ligonier Ministries
- Abort73.com – Pro-life resources and information
- Words Matter: Rejecting the Vocabulary of the Abortion Industry