The apostle Paul warned against the dangers of being led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ by those proclaiming another Jesus and another Gospel than that of Scripture. In many places, the New Testament tells believers to guard themselves against a false gospel.
While there have been many forms of false gospels over the ages, one of the most prevalent today comes in the form of “progressive Christianity.”
What is progressive Christianity? In general, it is the view that Christianity itself is progressing and all historical truth claims are up for reinterpretation. The end result often has more in common with modern agnosticism than it does with historical Christianity.
Listen as Alisa Childers shares how progressive Christianity led to a crisis of faith and how God rescued her from believing a false gospel.
As Alisa states, “Progressive Christianity is not simply a shift in the Christian view of social issues…It’s an entirely different religion – with another Jesus – and another gospel.”
On this episode we discuss:
- What progressive Christianity is and why it is dangerous
- Alisa’s story of being brought to a crisis of faith
- How apologetics helped her to overcome her doubts
- Why progressive Christianity is alluring for believers
- How our view of Scripture impacts how we respond to doubt
- Steps we can take to make us less susceptible to false gospels
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to subscribe!
About Our Guest
Alisa Childers is a wife, mom, author, blogger, and popular speaker on apologetics and the Christian worldview. Her latest book is called Another Gospel? A Lifelong Christian Seeks Truth in Response to Progressive Christianity. You can learn more about her and her work at AlisaChilders.com.
- Listen to Alisa’s conversation with Greg Koukl on her podcast
- How We Got Here: A History of Progressive Christianity – Alisa Childers
- What are the Cultural Signs of Progressive Christianity? – Alisa Childers
Subscribe to ReasonableTheology.org
Subscribe to receive our weekly emails PLUS access to the free digital theological library!