In Ephesians 6, the Apostle Paul calls the believer to “take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.” This is a command for every Christian, and it is vital that we take up this armor on a daily basis in order to live as soldiers of Christ.
As our guest Iaian Duguid points out, “the choice is not whether you will be a Christian soldier or a Christian civilian but whether you will be a prepared Christian soldier or an unprepared one.”
Listen as Dr. Duguid discusses why many Christians lose sight of the spiritual battle we’re in and how we can stand firm against the enemy by putting on the whole armor of God.
On This Episode We’ll Discuss:
- Why Dr. Duguid wrote The Whole Armor of God
- The context of this passage in Ephesians 6
- What the armor of God is and why it is essential for every believer
- Why we do not need to be discouraged on the spiritual battlefield
- How the armor of God points us to Jesus Christ
Listen to this episode on a separate page
iTunes • Stitcher • Google Play
About Our Guest
Dr. Iain M. Duguid is Professor of Old Testament and Dean of Online Learning at Westminster Theological Seminary and the pastor of Christ Presbyterian Church in Glenside, Pennsylvania. He has also served as a missionary in Liberia, taught at Westminster Seminary California and Grove City College, and planted churches in Pennsylvania, California, and England.
- Listen to Dr. Duguid’s sermons online
- Purchase a copy at WTSBooks.com or Amazon
- The Armor of God: What it is and How to Use it