The Bible has much to say about the value of friendship and throughout history Christians have attested to the importance of close friends for spiritual growth. However, creating and maintaining meaningful friendships has become difficult in our fast-paced, technology-saturated, and disconnected world.
So how can we recover the joy of friendship in our lives?
On this episode we’ll speak with Drew Hunter, author of Made for Friendship: The Relationship That Halves Our Sorrows and Doubles Our Joys.
On This Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Drew decided to write a book on friendship
- The role of friendship in human flourishing
- The reasons behind our current ‘friendship crisis’
- How busyness, technology, and mobility make friendship more difficult
- How the church can be a part of the solution
- Practical steps to making room for real friendships to develop in your life
- How to have deeper conversations by focusing on external, than internal, than eternal things
Listen to this episode on a separate page
iTunes • Stitcher • Google Play
About Our Guest
Drew Hunter is the teaching pastor at Zionsville Fellowship in Zionsville, Indiana. Drew and his wife, Christina, live in Zionsville, Indiana, and have four children. He’s the author of Made for Friendship: The Relationship That Halves Our Sorrows and Doubles Our Joys.
- A video interview with Drew Hunter
- Help for Those Who’ve Lost the Art of Friendship
- Drew’s articles at Desiring God