The apostle Paul wrote that “if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain” (1 Corinthians 15:14). A few verses later he said, “if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.”
The Resurrection is the central truth claim of the Christian faith. Or, as our guest puts it, it is the bedrock of Christianity.
In The Bedrock of Christianity: The Unalterable Facts of Jesus’ Death and Resurrection, Dr. Justin Bass examines facts about Jesus’ death and resurrection that even skeptical scholars agree with.
Listen as we discuss why the resurrection is the bedrock truth claim of the Christian faith and how we can present this truth to others – even skeptics.
On This Episode We’ll Discuss:
- Why the resurrection of Jesus is the central claim of Christianity
- How the apostle Paul serves as a key witness
- Truth claims about Christianity that even skeptical scholars agree to
- The most helpful evidence for engaging others on the resurrection
- How the average Christian can be better prepared to defend key doctrines of the faith
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to subscribe!
About Our Guest
Justin Bass is professor of New Testament at Jordan Evangelical Theological Seminary (JETS) in Amman, Jordan. Before moving to Jordan, he and his family lived in Frisco, TX, where he was a pastor of a church for six years and an adjunct professor at Dallas Theological Seminary and Dallas Christian College. He has a PhD in New Testament Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and is the author of The Bedrock of Christianity: The Unalterable Facts of Jesus’ Death and Resurrection.
- Pick up a copy of the book: Paperback | Kindle
- Justin Bass vs. Bart Ehrman debate (video)
- Dr Bass’ YouTube Channel
- Follow @DrJustinBass on Twitter
- Books recommended on this episode