Attacks against the truth and reliability of Scripture are commonplace. Skeptical scholars have become mainstream, entertainment media mocks believers, and YouTube and podcasting have given a platform to just about anyone wanting to promote their arguments against Scripture and the Christian faith.
Many of these attacks focus on a single assertion: the Bible is an ancient book written and assembled by flawed men with particular agendas.
So can we trust that what is contained in the Bible is really God’s Word? Listen as we speak with Bible scholar and translator Dr. Bill Mounce about why we can trust the Bible and the truth claims it makes.
On this episode we’ll discuss:
- Common questions believers and non-believers ask about the reliability of Scripture
- Why skepticism is increasing in today’s culture
- Why believers should not shy away from having and asking sincere questions
- How we can be better equipped to answer tough questions
- Reasons we can trust the reliability of our Bibles
- Why Dr. Mounce personally trusts his Bible
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to subscribe!
About Our Guest
Dr. Bill Mounce is the President of BiblicalTraining.org, a non-profit organization offering world-class educational resources for discipleship in the local church. Formerly he was a preaching pastor, and prior to that a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He is the author of the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other resources. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible and is serving on the NIV translation committee. His latest book is Why I Trust the Bible: Answers to Real Questions and Doubts People Have About the Bible.