Read The Whole New Testament In 40 Days In Your Spare Time

Not too long ago, a LifeWay Research study asked people why they did not read their Bibles more. 27% said that they don’t prioritize it. Another 15% said that they don’t have the time. Taken together, these two categories represent 42% of the people saying they aren’t reading the Bible as much as they’d like because their time is limited.

But what if I told you that you could read the entire New Testament in 40 days just by reading in your spare time?

We’ve pointed out before how long it takes to read each book in the New Testament. You’d be surprised how much ground you can cover in a short amount of time.

Meanwhile, you can actually free up a lot of extra time throughout your day without greatly rearranging your life. The below Bible reading plan takes just 30 minutes a day to read the entire New Testament in just 40 days.

There are lots of ways to free up 30 minutes in your day: wake up 15 minutes earlier and start your day with Scripture; choose to read your Bible at the end of the day instead of unwinding in front of the TV; use a Bible app to read while waiting in line or during breaks at work; listen to Scripture while you drive.

So yes, you really can squeeze 30 minutes of Scripture reading into your day. Take back some of the time lost scrolling through Instagram or hitting the snooze button a couple of times and you’re there!

Here’s how you can cover the entire New Testament in just 40 days, reading 30 minutes a day:

Click Here for a Printable Version

  • Day 1: Matthew 1-7
  • Day 2: Matthew 8-12
  • Day 3: Matthew 13-18
  • Day 4: Matthew 19-24
  • Day 5: Matthew 25-28
  • Day 6: Mark 1-6
  • Day 7: Mark 7-11
  • Day 8: Mark 12-16
  • Day 9: Luke 1-4
  • Day 10: Luke 5-9
  • Day 11: Luke 10-13
  • Day 12: Luke 14-19
  • Day 13: Luke 20-24
  • Day 14: John 1-5
  • Day 15: John 6-9
  • Day 16: John 10-14
  • Day 17: John 15-19
  • Day 18: John 20 Acts 4
  • Day 19: Acts 5-9
  • Day 20: Acts 10-15
  • Day 21: Acts 16-20
  • Day 22: Acts 21-26
  • Day 23: Acts 27 Romans 4
  • Day 24: Romans 5-10
  • Day 25: Romans 11 1 Corinthians 1
  • Day 26: 1 Corinthians 2-9
  • Day 27: 1 Corinthians 10-15
  • Day 28: 1 Corinthians 16 2 Corinthians 9
  • Day 29: 2 Corinthians 10 Galatians 4
  • Day 30: Galatians 5 Philippians 1
  • Day 31: Philippians 2 1 Thessalonians 2
  • Day 32: 1 Thessalonians 3 1 Timothy 5
  • Day 33: 1 Timothy 6 Hebrews 1
  • Day 34: Hebrews 2-10
  • Day 35: Hebrews 11 James 5
  • Day 36: 1 Peter 1 1 John 1
  • Day 37: 1 John 2 Jude
  • Day 38: Revelation 1-7
  • Day 39: Revelation 8-15
  • Day 40: Revelation 16-22

Click Here for a Printable Version

Everyone reads at different speeds, but by spending about 30 minutes each day reading the Bible you can cover the entire New Testament in just over a month.

Spend some time in God’s Word this week, then circle back and leave a comment letting us know how it’s going!

You May Also Like