On this episode of the Reasonable Theology podcast, we speak with Kevin Halloran about his new book, “When Prayer is a Struggle: A Practical Guide for Overcoming Obstacles in Prayer.”
Listen as Kevin Halloran shows how gospel truths speak to your prayer struggles, diagnoses issues of the heart that hinder true prayer, and gives practical tips for moving forward.
We’ll talk about common struggles we all face in our prayer lives and resources for overcoming them.
On this episode we’ll discuss:
- How Kevin’s own prayer struggles led to his new book
- The most common struggles we face in praying
- Immediate steps we can take to strengthen our prayer lives
- How praying through Scripture can help us (and the ‘3 R’ method for doing it)
- Practical tools we can use to overcome our prayer struggles
Enjoy this episode? Be sure to subscribe!
About Our Guest
Kevin Halloran serves with Unlocking the Bible – a ministry dedicated to proclaiming Christ through media, mobilizing believers for evangelism, and equipping leaders for the church. He blogs at KevinHalloran.net, and has a new book out: “When Prayer is a Struggle: A Practical Guide for Overcoming Obstacles in Prayer.”
- Pick up a copy of When Prayer is a Struggle
- Visit KevinHalloran.net
- Listen to our previous conversation with Kevin
- Visit UnlockingTheBible.org
- Praying the Bible by Donald Whitney
- Praying the Psalms: Drawing Near to the Heart of God by Ben Patterson
- Principles for Public Prayer from John Newton
- Praying and Memorizing the Psalms podcast episode